The definition of a corporate resident (resident legal person) covers a wide range of entities, such as companies, partnerships, trusts, governmental institutions, and unincorporated associations incorporated, formed, organised, or established in Timor-Leste.
Permanent establishment (PE)
A PE is defined as a fixed place of business through which the business of a person is wholly or partly carried on, including:
- A place of management.
- A branch.
- A representative office.
- An office.
- A factory.
- A workshop.
- A mine, an oil or gas well, a quarry, or any other place of extraction of natural resources, including any place of drilling for mineral exploration.
- A fishery, place where animal husbandry is conducted, farm, plantation, or forest.
- A construction, installation, or assembly project.
- The furnishing of a service through employees or other personnel if conducted for more than 60 days in any 12-month period.
- A natural or legal person acting as a dependent agent.
- An agent or employee of a non-resident insurance company if the agent or employee collects premiums or insures risks in Timor-Leste.