Corporate - Significant developmentsLast reviewed - 05 February 2023
The significant developments that occurred in 2022 are mainly:
- Tax amnesty. Taxpayers who spontaneously regularise the taxes, duties, and fees that were due before 1 January 2022 are exempted from penalties, fines, and interests for late payments as well as from tax reminders.
- Requirement for all taxpayers to have their tax identification number mentioned in all their documents.
- Business tax exemption for new business. Under some conditions, companies subject to the real taxation regime are exempt from business tax during their first year.
- Abolition of the value-added tax (VAT) exemption on the provisioning of aircraft to foreign destinations.
- Application of the 0% VAT rate on Jet A 1 refuelling operations for aircraft with a foreign destination and products and sub-products of local agri-food industry (excluding alcohol).
- VAT exemption for interests on bonds subscribed by non-professionals of the financial sector.
- Reduced taxation rate (9%) for textiles and concrete reinforcing bars.
- Tax on transfer of funds. All transfers of funds carried out by any means or technical recorded support, except for bank transfers and transfers for tax payments.
- Mandatory electronic tax filing for taxpayers.
- Introduction of a certificate of no tax liability.
- New tax incentives for investments at least 100 million Central African CFA francs (XAF) in the inland regions.
- Establishment of a system of tax reduction for an investment at least XAF 250 million in some sectors (industry, tourism, energy, water, information and communication technologies, sports, transport).