Corporation Tax Act
The Corporation Tax Act has been amended by the Corporation Tax (Amendment) Act 2020 to provide that the following are exempt from corporation tax effective1 January 2020:
- private corporate education institutions
- private corporate medical health care institutions
Value Added Tax Act
The Value-Added Tax (Amendment of Schedule I and II) Order 2020 amended Schedules I and II of the Value Added Tax Act to include the following:
Schedule I - Zero-rated supplies effective 1 October 2020
- The supply of locally produced sand, stones, concrete blocks, plywood, logs and lumber of a type and quality used in construction and housing.
- The supply of capital equipment and machinery used in the mining, forestry, agriculture and manufacturing industries.
- The supply of all-terrain vehicles for use in mining, forestry, agriculture and manufacturing industries and by Toshaos from Amerindian communities.
- Uncooked bird's eggs
- Uncooked fresh, chilled or frozen chicken
- Hatching eggs
- Baby chicks and live chicks
- A supply of poultry feed and ingredients of poultry feed
- A supply of packaging material for use in the poultry industry
Investment / Local Manufacturing
- Goods and services in agro-processing facilities, cold storage and packaging.
- A supply of over the counter drugs
- Items such as energy drinks and food supplements classified under Chapter 21 of the Common External Tariff
- The supply of medical, dental, hospital, optical or paramedical services, to the extent provided in the regulations and medical supplies other than veterinary services
Travel and Transportation
- A supply of river and land crossing services to the hinterland regions
- Supply of services of transporting passengers or goods by air, river or land from one place in Guyana to the hinterland regions
Schedule I -Zero-rated supplies effective 1 April 2020
- The supply of electricity for consumption
- The supply of water for consumption
Schedule II - Exempt Supplieseffective 1 October 2020
- Mobile phones