The following updates were introduced into the Kyrgyzstan Tax Code during December 2020 - June 2021:
- As was mentioned in previous updates, the tax on crypto mining was added to the Kyrgyzstan Tax Code from 22 of August 2020. Based on the Decree of the Kyrgyzstan Government #625 dated 25 December 2020, the form of the crypto mining tax return FORM STI-163 was approved.
- The mandatory submission of tax returns in the form of an electronic document was introduced as follows:
- organisations / corporations from 1 April 2021.
- individual entrepreneurs from 1 January 2022.
- Based on the Decree of the Kyrgyzstan Government #66 dated 1 March 2021, a temporary ban on the export of crude oil and petroleum products from Kyrgyzstan to outside the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union was introduced. The purpose of such a ban is to avoid a critical shortage in the domestic market for such products.
- Based on the Decree of the Kyrgyzstan Government #136 dated 9 April 2021, a temporary ban for a period of six months on the export of medicines and medical devices from Kyrgyzstan was introduced.
The more detailed information on each changes were introduced into the relevant sections of WWTS Kyrgyzstan page.