When they are paid by a debtor established in Gabon to individuals or companies subject to CIT or PIT that do not have a permanent professional base in Gabon, the following amounts are subject to a 20% WHT:
- All amounts paid pursuant to the practice of an 'independent profession' in Gabon.
- Payments received by inventors, payments relating to copyrights, and all payments relating to intellectual and commercial property as well as assimilated rights.
- All amounts paid for services materially rendered or effectively used in Gabon.
- Interest, arrears, and all others fixed-income investment-products pertaining to income declared as professional revenue of the beneficiary.
Net profits carried out by branches of foreign companies having their head offices abroad are also subject to a 20% WHT in Gabon before they are taken into account by the foreign companies.
The WHT of 20% may not apply in the context of the application of a DTT, as follows:
- If the beneficial owner of the dividends, interest, or royalties is a resident of the other contracting state.
- If the person receiving the dividends, interest, or royalties is the beneficial owner.
Transferable securities income tax (IRCM)
IRCM is due at a 20% rate on revenues from stocks and shares paid to legal entities. It is due by beneficiaries of these revenues and must be withheld by the distributing company.