Cameroon, Republic of
Corporate - Significant developmentsLast reviewed - 25 August 2022
As of 1 January 2022, the following significant corporate tax developments were introduced in Cameroon by the 2022 Finance Law:
- Reduction of the withholding tax (WHT) rate from 5% to 3% on remunerations paid to contractors of public orders domiciled abroad.
- Reduction of the rate of registration duties from 15% to 5% on large-scale transfers of company rights in order to reduce the cost of company restructuring.
- Introduction of a tax on money transfers based on money transfer and withdrawal operations.
- Introduction of a tax on money transfers based on money transfers and withdrawals.
- Taxation of non-profit organisations on their commercial income.