The following annual tax credits may be available to individual taxpayers for 2019:
- General personal tax credit: CZK 24,840.
- Dependent spouse tax credit: CZK 24,840 if the spouse lives with the taxpayer and does not have income in excess of CZK 68,000.
- Child tax credit: CZK 15,204 for the first, CZK 19,404 for the second, and CZK 24,204 for the third and other following dependent child (under certain conditions). If the total tax is lower than the respective child credit, the taxpayer will receive a special tax bonus equal to the difference between the child allowances and one’s tax liability. However, the maximum amount of tax bonus is CZK 60,300 per year.
- Deduction for placement of child in a pre-school facility (actual provable expenses up to the annual limit of CZK 14,600 for 2020).
- Disability tax credit: CZK 2,520, CZK 5,040, or CZK 16,140 (depending on the severity of disability).
- Student tax credit: CZK 4,020 (for regular students up to 26 years old and university-level doctoral students up to 28 years old).