Individual - ResidenceLast reviewed - 29 December 2022
The Lebanese Parliament legislated Law No. 60, dated 3 November 2016, relating to the amendment of Law No. 44 'Tax Residency in Lebanon', including that any individual is considered tax resident in Lebanon if one:
- has a place of business in Lebanon
- has a house in Lebanon permanently available to one's family members (i.e. the spouse and dependent children), or
- is present in Lebanon for more than 183 days in any given 12-month period. The 183 days will not include days:
- spent in transit at the International Airport Beirut, or
- in Lebanon, if the stay was solely for the purpose of undergoing a medical treatment.