Foreign tax relief
Foreign tax credits can be claimed in order to avoid double taxation.
Sweden has DTAs with the following 92 countries:
|Argentina||Denmark||Korea, Republic of||Singapore|
|Austria||Faroe Islands||Lithuania||South Africa|
|Bolivia||Hungary||Montenegro**||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina**||Iceland||Namibia||Tunisia|
|British Virgin Islands*||Ireland, Republic of||Nigeria||United Kingdom|
|Bulgaria||Isle of Man*||Norway||United States|
|China, People's Republic of||Japan||Romania||Zimbabwe|
* DTA covers individual income taxes only.
** DTA with former Republic of Yugoslavia applies.
Social security agreements
As an EU member, Sweden applies EU Regulations 883/2004 and 987/2009.
In addition, Sweden has bilateral or multi-lateral social security agreements with the countries listed below.
EU countries - bilateral or multi-lateral agreements
- Croatia (Agreement with former Republic of Yugoslavia)
- Slovenia (Agreement with former Republic of Yugoslavia)
- United Kingdom
EEA countries - multi-lateral agreements
Other countries - bilateral agreements
- Bosnia-Herzegovina (Agreement with former Republic of Yugoslavia)
- Cabo Verde
- Japan (to be ratified)
- Korea, Republic of
- Montenegro (Agreement with former Republic of Yugoslavia)
- Serbia (Agreement with former Republic of Yugoslavia)
- United States